Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Oh my gosh, I am so sick of food stamp food.


So, a curious thing- this weekend, Saturday to be precise, I fell off the wagon, both in terms of food stamp month, and also in terms of eating healthily, which I've been trying to do this month as well. I think in a lot of ways, I tend to reward or motivate myself with sweet food- on Saturday, I was beginning a really intense and somewhat intimidating art project for Mike, was just finishing the tail end of a horrible migraine/period cycle, and had some emotionally intense experiences both behind me and ahead of me. I really really wanted to treat myself to something- more precisely, I wanted to be treated *to* something, so I asked Mike to buy me a milkshake, violating *so* many food stamp/personal health rules.

Later that same day, a friend of mine came over for dinner- this was kind of special thing for me, so I went shopping for our dinner and bought pasta (I had spaghetti, but she doesn't really like spaghetti), cauliflower, asparagus, parmeseon cheese, a baguette, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, two sodas, and an iced latte for my friend. This came to a total of 16.55. It all ended up being split between six people, though not necessarily evenly.

I also cheated the day before, by eating a house dinner of tuna noodle casserole and ice cream and roasted vegetables, which I owe my housemates for.

Sunday- except for getting coffee at Katie's on my way to church, which was critical if I was going to make it through Sunday school- I returned to the food stamp week- I was feeling overally really poorly in my body. The combination of ben and jerrys *AND* a milkshake left me feeling rotten. I ate leftovers Sunday.

I spent 13.43 dollars yesterday on cereal, bananas, hot cocoa, artichoke sausage that was on sale, and spaghetti sauce. Between that, and what I have left over, I should be able to get by the rest of the week.

Today I'm just really craving vegetables, like you wouldn't believe.

How is it wrapping up for everyone else?

No comments: